Phoenix Car Accident Attorney
Handling Even The Most Complex Personal Injury Cases in Arizona
Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Law Firm Serving Maricopa County, Navajo County, and Yavapai County
Automobile accidents can be terrifying for everyone involved, especially when the accident leads to someone’s serious injury. When this happens, the impact of a car accident spans much further than the initial shock of the accident. Accident victims can be left trying to recover for years (even sometimes a lifetime) after the accident, and not just physically, either. A car accident case can also take a severe mental and financial toll on victims and their families, often leaving them with heaps of medical expenses on top of lost wages and property damages.
Unfortunately, it’s not always as easy as filing a personal injury claim and expecting the insurance company to pay you the appropriate amount of compensation following your accident. In fact, if anything, you should expect the insurance company to do whatever it takes to avoid paying out the full amount of your claim. That is why it is so important that you equip the help of an experienced Phoenix car accident lawyer like those at Belén Law Firm. Your attorney can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party and ensure that the other driver’s insurance company does not take advantage of you during this difficult time.
At Belén Law Firm, our team proudly serves clients across Maricopa County as well as Navajo County and Yavapai County, including the cities of Holbrook, Show Low, Pinetop-Lakeside, Winslow, Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott Valley, and throughout the Grand Canyon area. To speak with dedicated Phoenix personal injury lawyer Belén Olmedo Guerra, call the Belén Law Firm at (602) 715-0908 today for your free consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are a number of potential causes of car accidents, but most can be boiled down to driver error. Distracted driving, for example, is the number one cause of traffic accidents in the United States. This includes things like texting or talking on the phone while driving, eating, communicating with other passengers, and other scenarios where the driver’s attention is not solely focused on the road. Aside from distracted driving, other common causes of car accidents include:
- Speeding – When a driver chooses to exceed the posted speed limit, they increase the risk of losing control of their vehicle, colliding with other cars, or striking pedestrians. Speeding also reduces the amount of time a driver has to react to unexpected situations on the road, making accidents more likely.
- Poor weather conditions – Rain, snow, fog, and ice can all make driving more challenging and increase the risk of an auto collision. Poor visibility, reduced traction, and unpredictable road conditions can all contribute to car accidents.
- Road rage – Road rage is a term used to describe aggressive or hostile behavior exhibited by drivers on the road, which can include cutting off other drivers, tailgating, and making obscene gestures. When a driver is experiencing road rage, they may be more likely to drive recklessly and make dangerous maneuvers that can result in a motor vehicle crash.
- Driver fatigue – Fatigue can impair a driver’s ability to concentrate, react quickly, and make good decisions on the road. When a driver is tired, they may experience micro-sleeps or even fall asleep behind the wheel, leading to a potentially devastating automobile accident.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – When a driver chooses to operate a vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol, they put themselves and others at risk of serious injury or death.
- Defective vehicles or parts – Defective vehicles or parts can be caused by a variety of factors, including design flaws, manufacturing defects, and inadequate safety testing. When a vehicle or part is defective, it can malfunction or fail completely, leading to a serious car collision. Liability in these cases may fall on the car manufacturer or the manufacturer of the defective part.
- Dangerous road conditions – Road conditions can be affected by a variety of factors, including weather, poor maintenance, construction, and other hazards. When road conditions are dangerous, it can make it more difficult for drivers to maintain control of their vehicles, increasing the risk of collisions. Hazards such as potholes, debris, and uneven pavement can cause drivers to lose control, while poor visibility due to weather conditions can make it difficult for drivers to see other vehicles or obstacles on the road.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can lead to a variety of injuries, ranging from relatively minor cuts and bruises to much more catastrophic injuries like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and loss of limbs. The force of impact in a car accident can cause the body to be jolted, twisted, and thrown around, leading to serious injuries. Additionally, occupants of a vehicle may collide with each other or with objects within the car, leading to further injuries.
Victims of car accidents may require extensive medical treatment, including surgeries, rehabilitation, and long-term care. In addition to physical injuries, car accidents also often cause emotional trauma and financial hardship, such as lost wages and mounting medical bills. As a personal injury lawyer, it’s important to understand the full extent of a victim’s injuries and work to ensure that they receive the full compensation they deserve.
Some of the most common types of injuries we see in a car accident case include:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Whiplash injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Burn injuries (including road rash)
- Head injuries (including concussions)
What To Do If You’ve Been Involved in a Car Accident
There are several steps you may take to protect your legal rights and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve following a car accident.
Seek Medical Attention
First and foremost, seek medical attention for any injuries sustained in the accident, even if they seem minor. Your health and safety should be your top priority. It’s important to receive medical care as soon as possible after the accident occurs and to keep detailed records of all medical treatment you receive.
File a Police Report
When the police arrive at the accident scene, provide them with accurate information about what happened. However, it’s important to remember to avoid assuming any blame for the accident. If the accident was caused by the other driver, make sure the police know that.
Be sure to get the other driver’s information, including their name, contact information, insurance information, and license plate number. You’ll also want to take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles involved and the road surrounding the scene of the accident. If possible, get witness information as well.
Call a Phoenix Car Accident Attorney
Next, contact a Phoenix car accident attorney to discuss your case and determine if you have a viable car accident claim. They can guide you through the legal process and help you recover the compensation you deserve. By following these steps, you can protect your legal rights and work towards recovering from the damages caused by the accident.
Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you may be wondering if you need a car accident attorney. While you are not required by law to hire an attorney, it can be beneficial to do so, especially if you are dealing with an insurance company or considering filing a personal injury lawsuit. Insurance companies are primarily concerned with protecting their own interests and may not offer you the full compensation you deserve. Phoenix car accident attorneys like those at Belén Law Firm have experience negotiating with auto insurance companies and can help ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Additionally, if you are an accident victim with serious injuries, you may need the assistance of a personal injury attorney to ensure that you receive the medical care and financial compensation you need to recover. Personal injury attorneys can investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. Ultimately, the decision to hire a car accident attorney is a personal one and depends on the specific circumstances of your case. If you are unsure whether you need a personal injury attorney, it’s always best to consult with one to discuss your legal options.
For a free consultation regarding your case, we encourage you to call Belén Law Firm at (602) 715-0908 as soon as possible after your accident. We can walk you through the car accident claim process and help you decide if hiring an attorney is in your best interest.
What a Phoenix Car Accident Attorney Can Do For You
A Phoenix car accident attorney can do a lot for you if you’ve been involved in a car accident. One of the most important things they can do is deal with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf. Keep in mind that an insurance adjuster is trained to minimize the amount of compensation paid out in car accident cases, so having an experienced Phoenix auto accident lawyer can ensure that you receive the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to.
Your attorney can also gather evidence to support your case, including medical records and police reports. They can help you navigate the complex web of Arizona law surrounding car accidents and ensure that you meet all deadlines and requirements for filing a claim. Additionally, a car accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance company to recover compensation for a wide range of damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Ultimately, working with a Phoenix car accident attorney like those at Belén Law Firm can help you get the compensation you need to move on from your accident and get your life back on track.
What Damages are Recoverable in Car Accident Claims?
Damages in a car accident claim refer to the financial compensation that car accident victims may be entitled to receive for accident-related losses. In a car accident claim, damages can be awarded to the victim to help cover the costs of medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses that may result from the accident. The amount of damages that a victim can receive will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of their injuries, the extent of property damage, and the circumstances surrounding the accident.
There are several types of damages that are recoverable for claims involving motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Medical expenses: This includes any costs related to medical treatment, such as hospital bills, doctor visits, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work due to your injuries, you may be able to recover lost wages for the time you were unable to work.
- Property damage: This includes any damage to your vehicle or other property as a result of the accident.
- Pain and suffering: This type of damage refers to physical or emotional pain and suffering that you experienced as a result of the accident.
- Loss of consortium: Loss of consortium refers to the loss of companionship or support from a loved one who was injured or killed in the accident.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may be able to recover punitive damages, which are designed to punish the at-fault party for particularly reckless or negligent behavior.
It’s important to note that the types of damages that are recoverable may vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case and the laws of your state. Consulting with the Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Belén Law Firm can help you better understand the types of damages you may be able to recover in your case.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Losing a loved one in a motor vehicle accident can be devastating, and pursuing a wrongful death claim can be a difficult and emotional process. If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence or recklessness of another driver in Arizona, it’s important to seek the guidance of experienced auto accident lawyers who specialize in wrongful death claims. A wrongful death claim seeks compensation for the losses suffered by the surviving family members of the deceased, including funeral expenses, medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
A wrongful death claim can be complex and difficult to navigate without legal assistance, so it’s crucial to have the support of a skilled personal injury attorney who can guide you through the process and advocate for your rights. A compassionate Phoenix wrongful death lawyer can help you understand your legal options and fight for the justice and compensation you deserve after such a devastating loss.
Injured in a Car Crash? Call the Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers at Belén Law Firm Today
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Arizona, it’s important to seek the assistance of the experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Belén Law Firm. A skilled Phoenix car accident lawyer from our firm can help you navigate the complex legal system and ensure that you receive the full amount of compensation to which you are entitled for your injury claims.
Your physical and mental health should be your top priority following an accident, and a lawyer can take on the legal burden and stress of your personal injury case. They can help you gather the necessary evidence and documentation to support your personal injury claim and negotiate with insurance companies to help you recover compensation for your injuries. By working with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer like Belén Olmedo Guerra, you can focus on your recovery while she works tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for your case.